Top 10 Luxurious Destinations Around the World
- Rajasthan: This was by far one of the most romantic and luxurious destinations I have had the pleasure of visiting. With impressive royal palaces, cultural heritage, and artistic history within the ancient Indus Valley, a journey through Rajasthan isn’t complete without a safari in Ranthambore, cruise around the royal lakes in Udaipur, and a final stop at the majestic Taj Mahal.
- Hawaii: You can’t go wrong with a trip to the Hawaiian Islands. Every island has a unique perspective to offer, with different scenery and varied adventures. Growing up in Honolulu, it was easy to take it for granted, but the wealth of eco-friendly investment and heritage tourism in the islands recently makes it a top destination for adventurous luxury travelers.
- Istanbul: Dramatic scenery and a rich cultural history beginning with Istanbul’s advantageous linkage between Asia and Europe during the Silk Road era have persisted remarkably intact. All this history remains while still developing into a modern, international destination. Byzantine temples, Ottoman palaces, bohemian enclaves, and 5-star luxury hotels line the Bosporus, making each neighborhood an exciting and distinctive historical destination in their own right.
- New York City: As a global financial center, New York City is also home to Broadway, preeminent art galleries, and a plethora of diverse cultural neighborhoods. It is my favorite city in the world because there are countless pockets of lavish intimacy that create magical moments that can only possible in Manhattan. It’s also a great base for weekend trips to the Hudson Valley, Southampton, and Montauk.
- Antibes: One day, I hope to retire to Antibes. Renowned as an artistic community among impressionist artists like Picasso during the 1940’s, the city is a playground for the affluent and cultured. World-class museums, dreamy vistas, and a seemingly never ending supply of rosé and fresh produce make Antibes one of the classiest and happiest places on earth!
- Northern Italy: The Lombardy region of Italy is a place to return to again and again. The drama of perfect white villas contrasting with the steep snow-capped mountains and deep cerulean lakes has been a retreat for the affluent since Roman times. Famous today as a retreat for celebrities, you will be sure to find privacy among the small cobblestone villages and unforgettable lakeside villas.
- Kyoto: This former Imperial capital of Japan allows you to step back in time to traditional Japanese culture. Intact golden palaces, lush Buddhist gardens, and vernacular wooden architecture create a luxurious retreat for the aesthetic elite. Nearby visits to legacy onsens (hot springs), stays in ryokans (traditional Japanese inns) and 5-star omakase (“chef’s choice”) meals embody an entire cultural legacy of the Japanese emperor lifestyle.
- Abu Dhabi: Though the recent metropolis of Abu Dhabi has only developed within the past few decades, it has become an international destination for extravagance. Over-the-top accommodations and amenities combined with desert Jeep adventures, unrivaled mosque architecture, and the newly developed cultural centers will cement Abu Dhabi’s future as a luxury destination for years to come.
- Marrakech: Images of Africa, and Marrakech in particular, permeated the cinematic golden age of Hollywood and Morocco doesn’t disappoint. Vivid colors, bold smells, and bustling medina life contrast the serene and impeccable extravagant riads outside the center. Hospitable retreats, lovingly restored, provide a opulent destination made for photographing an unforgettable escape.
- Miami Beach: I might be a little biased since this is my home-base, but Miami Beach and Miami have really matured within a few short years. Cultural developments at PAMM and the broader Design District, historically designated architecture districts of Art Deco and MiMo, and amazing restaurants from world-renowned chefs in the recently rehabilitated area of Wynwood make a trip to Miami Beach more than just perfect party getaway. I’m excited to see what lies ahead, especially as Miami begins to attract more entrepreneurial and innovative businesses.
Guest post published by Laura, from businessclassbackpacker.com